Thursday, May 08, 2008

Goodbyes...

It is Final Exams Week here at Notre Dame. We celebrated our final dorm Mass this past Sunday, the Feast of the Ascension and last night we celebrated the final weekday Mass of the year.

I'm grateful to have lived here at Zahm Hall this year as the priest-in-residence. And it is sad to say goodbye. But the boys are trading water for wine when Fr. Jim Gallagher, CSC arrives this summer.

Some of the guys were nice enough to give a gift of "top-shelf" cigars on the occasion of my fourth anniversary of priestly ordination. And I am constantly grateful for a certain student who has access to Romeo y Julieta Cubans. Such things help to understand better the joy of the kingdom of God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were the lucky ones at Zahm. I'm sure Fr. Gallagher will do just fine, but I know that everyone will miss you next year. You added so much to our community. I really can't thank you enough. I truly am forever in debt to you. So very lucky to call you my friend.