Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Very Good Day...

Happy Birthday to my father who celebrates his big 61st. Wish I was able to celebrate with him today, but can only do so from afar. I offered Mass this morning for his intentions and other than saying "Thanks" for his love, support, and example of faith, that is all I can do. No way to repay a man who has given so much for his family. Happy Birthday, Dad!

Interestingly enough, dad shares his birthday with Blessed Basil Moreau, Founder of the Congregation of Holy Cross, who was born on this day in 1799.

Today is also the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. I recall the beautiful grotto to Our Lady at my home parish and the sacred space on the Notre Dame campus which is the Grotto.

I depart within the hour with three other Casa priests for Vienna, Austria where we will be staying at the monastery of Klosterneuburg from now until Sunday night. It will involve prayer, beer gardens, and a performance of Mozart's opera, The Magic Flute, (not necessarily in that order). This trip is a way to mark the end of exam period and the upcoming start of the 2nd semester.

1 comment:

Fr. Stephen M. Koeth, C.S.C. said...

I thought the Provincial froze all foreign travel ;)
Have stein for me !!!