Friday, October 17, 2008

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned....

... I went to the Universita Gregoriana next door and bought a few books, thereby directly supporting a Jesuit institution. I committed this sin with full consciousness. But I was forced to do it. Sant'Anselmo has more of a "gift shop" than a "bookstore". They have more monk-made grappa, wine, beer, icons, and chocolates than books.

The book I'm excited for is a synopsis of Sacrosanctum Concilium which shows all four schemas (1st in preconciliar stage for bishops' browsing/commenting, 2nd for opening of council, 3rd after suggestions/revisions, 4th final published document) side by side in the original Latin. This is for a proseminar I am in that meets once a week on Thursdays.Speaking of sins, I recieved my election ballot in the mail today. I'm just gonna have to take a big breath, hold my nose, and peek at the ballot as I check off the presidential box. And all the while I can just hope and pray that in four years we as a nation of millions of people can get two better candidates on the ballot.

No comments: