Sunday, October 12, 2008

Room and Chapel Update...

I was asked this week to be one of three sacristans for the main chapel of the Casa. I thought this might be a good way to give back to the house and see what I can learn along the way. I was also asked to celebrate Mass once a month for the Missionaries of Charity formation house just outside of Rome proper. The Sunday Mass will be for around 70 sisters in various stages of formation who strive to follow the example of Christ as lived by Blsd. Mother Theresa of Calcutta. I'm sure it will be an honor and a humbling experience.

I thought I'd post some updated photos. The first two are of my room which I am now happy with just as classes begin this week.

You all know how big of a coffee drinker I am. But here in Rome I've turned to tea. Finding and using a hot water heater is much easier, so I've turned to tea for the caffeine burst I enjoy day and night.

Finally, here is a photo of the Sacred Heart Chapel on the 2nd floor of the Casa. It is reserved exclusively for priests who wish to celebrate a private Mass.

Prayers, please. Classes begin Tuesday morning. Monday evening Sant'Anselmo celebrates vespers followed by a talk by the president, a Mozart concert and an academic speech on the role of faith and reason in Catholic thought. Of course, we'll conclude with refreshments.

Oh, and regarding yesterday's game. You gotta score BEFORE you draw down the clock. BEFORE.

No comments: